Danbury Animal Welfare Society Clinic Service Statement
Danbury Animal Welfare Society’s Internal Clinic supports the Organization’s Mission by providing quality medical care for cats and dogs in shelter or foster care environments prior to adoption. The DAWS Clinic is a community resource for counterpart animal welfare organizations and colleagues. Clinic outreach also includes, but is not limited to, the management of an effective Trap, Neuter and Return Program helping to control the homeless cat population. Additionally, the DAWS Clinic provides for animal wellness and protection through the efficient delivery of spay/neuter services, vaccines or inoculations and other services when deemed necessary. The DAWS Clinic does not offer post-adoption services or emergency care at this time.
Aligned with the DAWS Vision, the Internal Clinic will develop into a full-service veterinary hospital prepared to address the comprehensive medical needs of homeless animals under DAWS care or the care of animal service organizations. Board of Directors Approved: March 16, 2011
DAWS Clinic Information
Shelter & Clinic Location
147 Grassy Plain Street, Bethel, CT
Hours of Operation - By Appointment Only:
Monday & Thursday
9:00am - 3:00pm
Qualifications and Requirements for Services
- All medical services are by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 790-6511 between the hours of 10am and 1pm. Walk-ins will not accepted.
- All owners seeking medical attention for their animal(s) must qualify for low-cost services in order to receive DAWS Clinic care.
- All owners must complete pre-treatment and/or pre-operation disclosures and agreements prior to medical services provided.
- TNR Caregivers or Colony Managers must complete a Permission to Treat Form.
- Animals must be over 8 weeks of age and weigh at least 2 lbs in order to be eligible for spay/neuter.
- Animals must be up to date on vaccines in order to be treated in our clinic. Unvaccinated animals, or those with out of date vaccination records, will be vaccinated upon arrival in the clinic. Charges will be apply accordingly.
- Cash or Credit cards accepted – We do not accept checks.
Clinic Services for Dogs and Cats
- General Exam (exclusive of spay/neuter) - $25
- Vaccines - $20 each (examples: Rabies, Distemper)
- Microchip - $30
- Fecal Exam - $20
- Frontline Treatment - $15
- Feline Leukemia (FeLV)/Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Test (FIV) - $30
- Lyme Disease and Heartworm Test (SNAP 4DX®) - $30
Dog Spay/Neuter - Includes Exam and Post-Op Pain Medication
- 0-24 pounds - $150
- 25 - 49 pounds - $200
- 50 - 99 pound - $250
- 100+ pounds - $275
Cat Spay/Neuter - Includes Exam and Post-Op Pain Medication