Do you love animals? Would you dedicate your career to saving the lives of homeless pets? Danbury Animal Welfare Society has career options for people who want to help animals and work in a community of caring people who feel the same way. Career opportunities are available in an array of professions, including animal care, administration, fundraising development, veterinary care, and more. Please contact our Operations Director, Judy Slason for more information.
Current Job Openings:
Development Director—Danbury Animal Welfare Society
To develop donor relationships and fundraise, focusing on major gifts, corporate giving, and grants. This mission-critical role serves as a steward for developing a portfolio of current and prospective donors in support of DAWS.
- Identify, educate, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
- Coordinate all organizational fundraising activities
- Oversee incoming donations, donation processing, and donor recognition
- Develop marketing/promotional materials in collaboration with Marketing Coordinator
- Research and write grants; ensure compliance with funder reporting requirements
- Maintain donor database
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years professional fundraising experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and fundraising databases
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication abilities
- Detail oriented, organized, good time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Capital campaign experience a plus
Staff position reporting to the Operations Director; Supervises Events Director, Social Media Coordinator, and Marketing Coordinator
Full time, exempt
TBD based upon experience and performance goals
If you would like to volunteer, please click here.